I am a bit worried about my wooden fruit crusher. A useful tool but it seems to be suffering from the pounding and has started to split…..the nurse in me thinks this is very unhygenic,so its going into some bleach ( sorry folks I KNOW its not very green but I would rather be ungreen than down with food poisoning) I have had it drummed into me that wood is not a good thing to use in kitchens…too many germs…hard to make clean, traps germs ..you name it…on the other hand it IS useful, so I may try sticking it together and bleaching it regularly…If anyone knows where I can get another one of these in the UK I would be grateful, I looked on Ebay etc but couldnt find one.

A germ trap if ever I saw one!
A germ trap if ever I saw one!
Advertisements